If any of you follow me on Instagram, you’ll know that I recently purchased a “Mini Mushroom Farm.”
Well, it has been several weeks, and still no ‘shrooms! But yay though I walk through the valley of the shadow of no mushrooms, I will still make the mushroom dish attached to the box. Let’s see what these tacos are all about! Everyone grab yourselves a glass of Pinot Noir and gather your ingredients.
And get your cookin’ jams rolling!
2 Cups of (store bought for me…..sigh) Oyster Mushrooms
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 white onion
1 bunch green onions
1 bunch flat leaf parsley
1 red bell pepper
6-8 corn tortillas
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
So here’s how it works:
1. Chop everything up! Heeee-yah!
2. Heat up your oil and saute the garlic, bell pepper, and onions until tender.
3. Add the mushrooms and jalepeno and cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Lower the heat and stir for a few minutes, add salt, pepper, and parsley.
5. Scoop some filling into a warm tortilla and add whatever garnishes take your fancy. I added a bit of plain greek yogurt and some salsa.
All around a pretty little vegetarian dish. That being said….next time I’m adding meat….most likely shredded chicken. This is Texas after all.
Enjoy your ‘shrooms *wink wink*